The sea represents an important resource for Trieste’s economy, having been fundamental for its economic development in the past and representing the basis for the future.
Yachting, boat and shipbuilding, harbour logistics, fishing; all economic activities based on the sea, and which this project aims to promote, although marking a shift from the exploitation of the “sea as resource” to the creation of a veritable “sea-based economy”, reasoning and acting with a view to creating a systemic approach.
The general aim of the project, therefore, is the creation of an integrated system for the sea-based economy that includes every activity associated with the sea; these already constitute a group of autonomous sub-sectors, but are characterised by an insufficient level of interaction.
Among the specific objectives:
- to modernise the fishing and aquaculture sector, encouraging the shared management of resources while respecting the environment and of local fish stocks (a goal also promoted thanks to the Gruppo di Azione Costiera);
- to share guidelines between the associations of trade operators, port authorities, terminals and local institutions to increase the effectiveness of the maritime transport sector;
- to encourage the development of skills and the internationalisation of operators in the shipbuilding and boatbuilding sectors;
- to raise public awareness about environmental issues and the protection of the marine environment, with particular reference to the impact of structures and infrastructure.
In May 2013, a guide was published, produced by Aries in association with il Sole 24 Ore: "Un mare di network. La prima guida dei contratti di rete tra imprese del settore nautico".
- download the "Un mare di network" guide
- read the summary of the guide
- more information about the guide available in the press release, " Autonome, ma non più "micro": le reti d'imprese nella nautica ".
The project is financed by Unioncamere, equal distribution fund 2011-2012.